Thursday, November 18, 2010

Overnight Pumpkin Oats (in a jar)


Every time this time of the year rolls around and the color of the leaves change - we all know it's time to spice up our overnight oats a little! I made mine in a jar - which I do enjoy eating out of because it makes me feel like I'm eating something so sweet and dessert-like out of a jar, in one sitting. But to assure you, this is one healthy filling breakfast that tastes just like pumpkin pie!
  • 1/2 rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup of soymilk
  • 1/2 cup of plain 0% Chobani
  • 1/3 pureed pumpkin
  • dashes of cinnamon and pumpkin spice
  • agave (or honey) - or whatever sweetener you have on hand
Then, in the morning I added -
  • 1/2 of sliced bananas
  • sunflower/pumpkin seeds
  • 1/2 tbs of Maranatha dark chocolate almond butter
It's almost Thanksgiving and I can't wait to be home! I have so many recipes on hand that I want to try out once I get back. Oh home sweet kitchen. I've been keeping my eyes on several vegan dessert recipes and I'm dying to incorporate coconut flour into some recipes as well. I have been kitchen-deprived. One more day and then I'll be home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment