Sunday, November 21, 2010

a grilled sandwich kind of day



  • whole grain bread (I used the boule I had purchased this morning) - I used SmartBalance to spread onto each side, then placed the bread slices on sandwich press.
  • 1/2 eggplant, sliced - brushed off with olive oil and baked in the oven at 375 for about 15 minutes. Then arranged the slices on top of bread, sprinkled with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
  • handful of baby arugula - placed on top of eggplant slices.
  • fresh mozzarella - placed on top of arugula.
  • then had the sandwich press do its magic!
I had been running around town to finish up some more errands with my mom and that breakfast smoothie had me going until about 12 or 1. Then I had to grab a snack so I had a Chobani with some rolled oats and craisins. I think I finished that up it in three spoonfuls. Then when I was finally back home around 3 - I wanted something warm and toasty. So I had this quick lunch, served with some homemade sweet potato chips on the side.

I couldn't locate the slicer we have so I had to slice them by hand...

Back to campus tomorrow! : (

No comments:

Post a Comment