Wednesday, November 24, 2010

food, and more food?

Fun fact (or should I say, scary fact?) :  3,000 Calories are consumed by the average person at Thanksgiving dinner. (How can you avoid that? - My advice, fill up half of your plate with veggies and help yourself with little bit of everything on the other side of your plate. Eat until you're full, not until your stomach feels uncomfortable and you have a hard time sucking in. Indulge in all of your Thanksgiving favorites without going overboard - aka intuitive eating. Also, if you're too full to eat dessert - save it for later - it won't be as scrumptious if you stuff your dessert down on a full stomach. Savor every bite. And please do enjoy yourself, and the company of your family & friends, Thanksgiving doesn't have to be all about the food.)

The last two days have consisted of eating out..for homemade meals. Yesterday when I came home, I left for my friend's to spend the night - we attempted to do a LOTR marathon - but a few of us fell asleep (like me, who ended up falling asleep during the first movie). The next morning we all woke up to this....

French toast casserole


potato pancakes

my plate (I was starving!)

Then all day today, ran errands for tomorrow - grocery shopping and such - saving the shopping at Walmart for later tonight, meaning waaaay later, blech.

This evening another friend of mine invited a couple of us to dinner - his mother cooked quinoa with vegetable stock. She cooked shrimp for me and made chicken for the others (how kind of her!) - it was delicious, I love quinoa so much! :) Then we finished the meal off with some pumpkin pie - I had a small slice myself (which I didn't take a picture of). I'm off to finish my book for my research paper and then I have some more grocery shopping to do. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment