Monday, December 13, 2010

lazy, just lazy

seems like I've completely forgotten about this blog...but believe me, these past couple of weeks have not been so exciting - other than studying and cramming for exams. The only one okay picture of something I ate is this....

Yogurt mess with last handful of my cereal and dark chocolate chips (had to get rid of them asap) and flax seed and cocoa powder.
Well, now I'm home from winter break...been laying around the house and reading blogs. My chia seeds came in and I've been experimenting with them since yesterday....I'm so amused by those. At first, my mom was grossed out by them(?) but about ten minutes ago I made her a tupperware of chia pudding. I made chia pudding yesterday with almond milk, a little bit of agave and ate it with some pomegranate seeds. I decided to make chocolate chia pudding - looking good!


OHMYGAH OMEGA

the little guy at the top is just the seed without any liquid absorbed and the tough guy at the bottom is the cocoa powder + almond milk + water + agave absorbed seed. See the difference?
I made tonkatsu for my brother, and Korean party(?) noodles for my parents (made the soup by bringing dried anchovies and dried kelp to a boil, made some sauce on the side with soysauce + red pepper flakes + sesame oil + sesame seeds + minced garlic, then topped everything off with some green onions, eggs, and kimchi) - it's funny because I didn't even taste any of those things before serving. But me on the other hand....I wanted something a little lighter so I threw whatever I could find and made a salad.

Then....on the side - had some kale and turnip greens laying around so I decided to make a green smoothie (banana, lemon juice, agave, strawberries).
don't be intimidated by that mean green look.
I want to make these rice balls tomorrow - you'll find out sooner or later what they really are. I'm off to bed...cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment